Customized Care for the LGBTQ+ Community
At Natural Harmony Reproductive Health we strive to provide exceptional holistic healthcare to the LGBTQ+ community. Whether you’re seeking general reproductive healthcare or looking for support in another health matter, our approach is respectful, gentle, and custom tailored to our patients’ unique needs and concerns. You are welcomed here.
Sometimes, being queer and seeking out supportive healthcare can be downright maddening. Between intake forms that don’t adequately represent who you are, providers who aren’t sure what questions to ask, and constantly having to be your own advocate, healthcare can be exhausting. Here at Natural Harmony Reproductive Health, we understand that everyone’s needs are unique, and go out of our way to ensure that you feel seen, heard, and respected.
Integrative Acupuncture Can Support:
- Natural hormone support
- Preparation for & recovery from surgery
- Support through gender transition
- Healthy liver support during synthetic hormone supplementation
- Reproductive health and wellness
- Pregnancy and fertility for queer individuals & families, surrogacy and more
- Anxiety and depression
- Addiction recovery support
- Body pain (back, neck, joint, headaches, menstrual cramps, etc)
- Much more!
Fertility Care for the LGBTQ+ Community
Trying to conceive in a queer relationship can present some unique challenges. Here at Natural Harmony Reproductive Health, we are well versed in the many ways in which LGBTQ+ families may choose to bring children into their lives. Whether you’re opting for insemination (IVI, ICI or IUI), IVF, surrogacy or other alternative methods, we are excited to join you on your journey to parenthood! Integrative acupuncture supports fertility and pregnancy in the following ways:
- Increase egg and/or sperm quality
- Improve blood flow to the uterus and ovaries
- Improve uterine lining allowing for implantation to occur
- Decrease of blockages (cysts, polyps) that impede the union of egg and sperm
- Increase blood flow for placenta growth and health
- Restore energetic balance in body/mind
- Improve sperm morphology, motility & count
- Support labor and delivery
- Reduce stress
In our clinic, we honor who you are and go out of our way to make sure you can receive healthcare in a way that feels good to you. Your gender pronouns and name will always be respected, and your story will be met with respect and compassion. It’s important to us that you to feel safe and comfortable in our clinic so that we can focus on giving you the best care possible.
Acupuncture, herbal medicine and nutrition therapy can be hugely supportive for transgender people during all stages of transition. By naturally supporting the endocrine system, immune system and circulatory system, integrative acupuncture can:
- Soothe hormonal ups and downs
- Support the effects of pharmaceutical hormones
- Reduce hot flashes and night sweats
- Reduce post-surgical pain, speed healing, and reduce scarring
- Reduce compression pain and skin lesions from binding
- Improve circulation, reduce edema related to surgery or hormone supplementation
- Regulate low and high blood pressure
- Reduce hair loss
- Reduce fatigue
- Improve sleep
- Benefit memory and concentration
- Reduce stress and soothe anxiety
- Lift depression
Merritt lives in the Talmadge neighborhood of beautiful San Diego with her loving, nerdy wife, Jess, and their ridiculously adorable rescue dog, Fox. Merritt is excited to be able to offer inclusive healthcare to her community, and she looks forward to serving you!